Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Possession


I would like to share my favorite poem from Possession by A.S. Byatt. I enjoyed this poem so much that I wrote it down in a notebook so I wouldn't forget it after I passed the book to the next person in the bookring. Possession was a good story, even if the Maud character had a strange obsession with the color green. This poem was written by Randolph Ash in the book.

And is love then more
Than the kick galvanic
Or the thundering roar
of Ash volcanic
Belched from some crater
Of earth-fire within?
Are we automata
Or Angel-Kin?

After Death in Venice and Naked Lunch, I needed to take a break and read something a little - simpler. I am reading Out of Sight by Elmore Leonard, which is not on the 1001 BYMR list (even though Leonard's novel Get Shorty is, I really wanted to read this one).

No comments:

Post a Comment